Effective in Tasmania on and from March 2022
News: Variation of the Forest Safety Code (Tasmania) 2007
The new Forest Safety Code (Tasmania) 2021 came into effect on Wednesday 2 March 2022. Workplaces should use the 2021 version for guidance from Wednesday 2 March 2022.
The Forestry Safety Code (Tasmania):
- is a Tasmania-only code of practice
- provides practical guidance on how to manage health and safety risks associated with forestry work; and how to achieve the standards required under the work health and safety laws
- applies to all workplaces where forestry work is carried out and anyone involved in these activities
- covers general safety principals for working alone, road access restrictions, operator competency, personal protective clothing, forest operations signage, onsite amenities, first aid, emergencies procedures, tools, work vehicles, tools, fire equipment and more
- covers chainsaws and brush cutters, manual tree felling, higher risk tree felling, mechanised felling, firewood cutting, log extraction. machinery, log landings, transportation, road construction and maintenance, silviculture, forest fire fighting
- cover human factors such as fatigue, dehydration, fitness for work, UV exposure, noise and more.