Primary Producer Safety Rebate Scheme
Read about the new Primary Producer Safety Rebate Scheme launching 1 October 2021.
Shearing Shed & Shearer Safety Awareness Sessions
These successful events, conducted by Safe Farming and Primary Employers Tasmania, have finished for the year. Watch this space to see what happens in the new year.
About the program
The Safe Farming Tasmania Program aims to reduce farm-work related death, injury and disease and improve the health and safety of workers in the farming industry by:
- raising awareness of farm safety issues, including packing and processing
- working with industry stakeholders to provide training and education on farm safety issues.
The Safe Farming Tasmania program is a joint initiative of WorkSafe Tasmania and the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and the Environment (DPIPWE).
Leading the Safe Farming Tasmania Program is Senior WHS Consultant Phillip John and Senior WHS Consultant Stuart Beams.
How Safe Farming can help you
Get practical tools and support to improve health and safety in your business. It’s free and confidential.
Phill can support your safety efforts by:
- holding a discussion or information session with your workers on safety topics specific to your needs and farm
- working with you to identify safety issues
- providing you with practical resources so you can farm safely. These include induction checklists, hazard checklists, safe work procedures and safety awareness videos.
Book a visit now
To book a visit, contact:
- Phill: 0407 015 400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stuart: 0400 140 146 or email@example.com
This practical document with help you develop a safety management system for your rural business.
You can also get a USB with safety tools and resources organised by industry and issue (such as quad bike safety) by contacting Phill or Stuart directly (see details above).
Watch videos on safe animal handling, chemical safety, chainsaw safety and more.
These generalised farm safety induction videos and accompanying handbook are an initiative of the Safe Farming Tasmania reference group, an industry-led stakeholder reference group that is a significant component in WorkSafe Tasmania’s approach to supporting our farmers improve work health and safety.
This handbook will help new workers better identify the hazards and risks that may be present in their work environment.
For a printed copy of the handbook, call AgriGrowth Tasmania on 1800 291 100 or email AGT.Admin@dpipwe.tas.gov.au