This industry includes:
- newspapers, book publishers
- film, television, video: production, broadcast and distributions
- music recording
- libraries and archives
- internet providers and publishers.
This industry has a variety of workspaces, ranging from offices to film sets with heavy and potentially dangerous equipment, and post-production facilities with noise and light as potential hazards.
Most common hazards and injuries
Workers in this industry are likely to be injured at work due to:
- body stressing
- falls, slips and trips
- mental stress.
Common hazards that workers in this industry are exposed to include:
- body strain
- stress from harassment, bullying
- sedentary work
- Provide training and instruction in safe manual handling procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping to ensure there are no obstructions or trip hazards on floors or in store areas.
- Encourage a standing friendly work culture: encourage standing in meetings, when reading documents or taking phone calls; invest in height-adjustable desks, use stairs instead of lifts.