WIMS is used to collect, manage and analyse workers compensation policy and claim data provided by licensed insurers, self insurers, and the Tasmanian State Service.
WorkCover Tasmania uses this information to:
- monitor and regulate the state’s workers compensation scheme (which it is obliged to do under the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988)
- produce statistical reports on injury trends and areas of risk.
Submitting workers compensation data
To submit data:
- refer to the National Insurers Data Specification (NIDS) for guidance on how to do this
- download the Data Submission XSD file (XSD, 43.5 KB) (Right-click + Save-As to download file)
Contact WorkCover Tasmania if you need help with:
- access to WIMS
- issues with submitting data
- data specifications and codes
- copies of any relevant ANZSIC, ANZSCO, ASCL (Languages), or TOOCS 3.1 codes.
Data Submission XSD file (XSD, 43.5 KB) (Right-click + Save-As to download file)