Effective in Tasmania on and from 5 Dec 2018
The code of practice for Excavation work:
- provides practical guidance on how to manage health and safety risks associated with excavation work; and how to achieve the standards required under the work health and safety laws
- applies to all workplaces where excavation work is carried out and anyone involved in these activities
- explains planning the excavation work, including safe work method statements, securing the work area, and emergency plans
- explains controlling risks in excavation work, including excavated materials, equipment, falls, explosives and manual work
- covers excavation methods of trenching, tunnelling and shafts
- covers preventing ground collapse, including benching and battering, shoring, shields and boxes.