Effective in Tasmania on and from 5 Dec 2018
The code of practice for Labelling of workplace hazardous chemicals:
- provides practical guidance on how to label workplace hazardous chemicals; and how to achieve the standards required under the work health and safety laws
- applies to all workplaces where hazardous chemicals are used and anyone involved in these hazardous chemicals
- explains general labelling requirements, including ingredients, expiry dates, label elements, and more
- explains specific labelling situations, such as small containers, decanted chemicals, hazardous waste products, consumer products, and more
- covers labelling design and layout
- includes a checklist, hazard pictograms, examples of labels, and more.