Applying for a permit
Submit the approved form Application for shot-firing permit (GF003) at a Service Tasmania shop.
You can also use this form to:
- renew your shot-firer permit
- have an interstate shot-firing permit recognised by WorkSafe Tasmania
- seek approval from WorkSafe Tasmania to undertake an approved shot-firing training course.
Permits to undertake shot-firing will only be issued if you:
- are 18 years of age or older
- have a legitimate need for the permit
- are a 'fit and proper person' as determined by a National Police Record Check
A shot-firing permit is valid for 3 years unless cancelled, revoked, or issued for a shorter period.