WorkSafe’s Inspectorate will conduct the following activities.
Systems inspections of:
- Incident and near miss reporting and investigation
- Procedures and training for resident conditions and behaviours
- Workers/beds/time allocated ratio
- Plant maintenance, procurement, training and supervision
- Workplace culture development
Worksite inspection focused on plant accessibility (storage area supply radius and layout of rooms plant is used in), modernity and condition.
Confidential discussion with management and 20% of workers (extended care assistants and registered nurse/s) focused on workplace culture, safety procedures and capacity (fitness) for work.
Presentations with management and workers about the challenges and opportunities identified from the above activities.
A report will be provided to each workplace, detailing the opportunities for improvement and recommended actions.