Work groups for a single business
If there is a failure of negotiations over an agreement or a variation to an agreement for work group(s) within a single business or undertaking, an inspector can be appointed to make a decision on the agreement. An inspector can only help resolve issues involving multiple businesses or undertakings.
An inspector may decide:
- the number and composition of work groups
- the number of health and safety representatives (HSR) and deputies to be elected
- the workplace/s the work groups will apply to
- the business or undertaking the work group/s will apply to
- anything that is the subject of the proposed variation
- that the work group should not be formed
- that the agreement should not be varied.
If the request is being made by a person authorised to represent a worker or group of workers, verbal or written confirmation of the authorisation will be required.