About WorkSafe Tasmania inspectors
WorkSafe Tasmania inspectors visit workplaces to respond to incidents, workplace issues resolution (as requested), and monitor and enforce compliance with these laws:
- Dangerous Goods (Road and Rail Transport) Act 2010
- Explosives Act 2012
- Security-sensitive Dangerous Substances Act 2005
- Work Health and Safety Act 2012
- Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
Our inspectors are appointed primarily to help PCBUs and businesses:
- develop and improve safe systems of work
- prevent workers and others from being injured or becoming ill as a result of their work activities.
Inspectors come from diverse backgrounds. Some have trade experience, and some will have tertiary qualifications in WHS-related disciplines. They are given inductions, on the job coaching, mentoring and training in issues such as manual handling, hazardous substances, construction, noise and electrical safety.