A non-disturbance notice requires an immediate action.
It is issued to:
- preserve the site where a notifiable incident has occurred
- prevent the disturbance of a particular site or plant, substance, structure or thing associated with the workplace.
The non-disturbance notice will state:
- the period the non-disturbance notice will apply for (7 days or less)
- the measures to be taken to preserve a site or prevent the disturbance of a site
- the actions that can be taken even though a non-disturbance notice has been issued
- the penalty for contravening the notice.
A non-disturbance notice does not prevent any actions:
- to help injured people or remove a deceased person at the direction of the coroner
- to make the site safe or prevent a further incident
- to assist with a police investigation
- that an inspector has given permission for.