Safe Farming Tasmania
About the program
The Safe Farming Tasmania Program aims to reduce farm-work related death, injury and disease and improve the health and safety of workers in the farming industry by:
- raising awareness of farm safety issues, including packing and processing
- working with industry stakeholders to provide training and education on farm safety issues.
The Safe Farming Tasmania program is a joint initiative of WorkSafe Tasmania and the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and the Environment (DPIPWE).
Leading the Safe Farming Tasmania Program is Senior WHS Consultant Phillip John.
How Safe Farming can help you
Get practical tools and support to improve health and safety in your business. It’s free and confidential.
Phill can support your safety efforts by:
- holding a discussion or information session with your workers on safety topics specific to your needs and farm
- working with you to identify safety issues
- providing you with practical resources so you can farm safely. These include induction checklists, hazard checklists, safe work procedures and safety awareness videos.
Book a visit now
To book a visit, contact Phill directly:
0407 015 400
This practical document with help you develop a safety management system for your rural business.
You can also get a USB with safety tools and resources organised by industry and issue (such as quad bike safety) by contacting Phill directly (see his details above).