If an application is invalid, it cannot be determined by the internal review process. Insufficient information does not itself make the application invalid. An application can be invalid for a number of reasons which include:
- are not an eligible person
- application seeks review of a decision which is not reviewable
- application has been determined previously (that is, you can only lodge one application per decision; your next step may be external review)
- is a complaint about the behaviour of the decision maker, or
- is disagreement with what the compliance requirements of the reviewable decision look like.
You will be advised if the application is invalid, and if appropriate, given options to follow up your concerns through other avenues.