Under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012, certain people at workplaces may ask WorkSafe Tasmania to appoint an inspector to attend their workplace:
To do this, call 1300 366 322.
When making your request, you will be asked to provide:
- your role in relation to the issue
- contact details of the parties making the request
- details of the business or undertaking associated with the issue, including the ABN if available
- information about the issue or dispute.
These requests can only be made by parties involved in the issue; that is:
- the PCBU or its representative
- if the issue involves more than one business or undertaking, all PCBUs or their representatives
- if the worker/s affected by the issue are in a work group, the health and safety representative (HSR) for that work group or their representative
- if the worker/s affected by the issue are not in a work group, the worker/s or their representative.
A PCBU must ensure that its representative (if any):
- is not a HSR
- is an appropriate level of seniority
- is sufficiently competent to act as the PCBU’s representative.