Inspectors are expected to deliver high quality and professional services:
- treating people with respect, dignity, and sensitivity in all circumstances
- interacting with people in a timely and efficient manner
- remaining professional and consistent in all their dealings
- undertaking activities without favouritism or discrimination
- explaining all decisions
- conducting all activities in accordance with the values outlined in the code of conduct and principles in sections 7 and 9 of the State Service Act 2000. The Global Code of Integrity for Labour Inspection also provides a framework for inspectors to exercise their powers under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012.