Walk for WHS and wellbeing
Saturday 14 October Cornelian Bay
Celebrate the importance of health, safety and wellbeing! In conjunction with Mental Health Awareness Week October 8–14
This new initiative is aimed to get you moving away from your desk and onto the pavement. Join the community during WorkSafe Month to celebrate WHS and Wellbeing.
Cornelian Bay on the grassed area between the Cornelian Bay Boathouse and the public toilets.
On the Cornelian Bay grassed area for an 11am walk start time.
Click here to register online or register on the day from 10am.
On the day, all walkers must sign in at the registration desk and receive a lanyard before starting the walk.
Walk route and time to complete the walk
40-60 minutes leisurely walking pace. Total distance approximately 3.6 km.
Walkers will follow the gravel path onto the intercity cycle track. They will walk to and turn around at the intersection entrance to the Derwent Mercantile Collegiate Rowing Club. The walk would end at about 3km, where the track crosses near the Cornelian Boathouse (public toilets).
The cycle way track is a wide, flat track suitable for everyone: families, children; and suitable for prams, people with limited mobility, and wheelchairs.
Walkers will be sharing the cycle and walk tracks with other walkers and cyclists. To avoid the risk of a collision, walk start times will be staggered with groups of around 10 to be sent off at 1 minute intervals. This will prevent cyclists from coming across a large volume of walkers all at once, that they need to get past!
The walk is open to families and individuals. Minors under the age of 12 will need to be accompanied by a parent or adult.
Health and safety
- Please Be Sun Smart. Sunscreen will be available on the day.
- First aid staff and St Johns Ambulance will be onsite at Cornelian Bay.
- No pets are permitted on the walk.
- Lanyards must worn by all walkers at all time during the walk for identification.
- Walkers are advised not to wear head phone while walking. At all times stay alert and listen to any staff announcements that may come up during the walk.
- Please wear comfortable walking clothing and suitable walking shoes.
- In the event of bad weather, the walk will be cancelled.
Please check this webpage for walk and weather updates before and on the event day.
Participants who registered online before the day of the walk will be notified by text and email two hours before the event start time. Please provide correct details when you register.
Entertainment and giveaways
There’ll be information from WorkSafe Tasmania, the Mental Health Council of Tasmania, Quit Tasmania, the Stroke Foundation and the Heart Foundation.
All walkers will receive:
- a lanyard
- bottled water
- a WorkSafe Tasmania show bag containing a pen, notepad and squeezy stress helmet.
Children will be able to have their face painted after the walk at Cornelian Bay.
Terms and conditions
Please read the full terms and conditions before registering to participate in the walk.