You must hold a High Risk Work (HRW) licence to operate high risk equipment. 

For exceptions to this, see section 1 of guide GB101 below.

Old style licences without photos

WorkSafe Tasmania no longer converts 'old style' non-photographic licences to renewable photographic High Risk Work (HRW) licences.

If you hold an 'old style' certificate and you haven't converted it to a new HRW licence, you must attend a registered training organisation to undertake training and assessment to obtain a new HRW licence.

Contact the Helpline if you have any queries.