If an organisation or member of the public intends to hold a fireworks display on any day other than Cracker Night, it will be necessary for a pyrotechnician to be nominated. That is, the laws relating to Type 3 fireworks displays will also apply to all Type 2 fireworks displays held on a day of the year other than Cracker Night.
The purposes for which a fireworks display may be held will remain unchanged:
- New Year’s Eve celebration
- Commonwealth Day celebration (Cracker Night)
- a traditional cultural occasion
- a finale to a major sporting or recreational event
- a school fair
- a community fair
- the celebration of a major anniversary or milestone of political, historical or other significance to the Commonwealth or Tasmania
- the performance of an artistic work that incorporates or is associated with the use of explosives
- a military tattoo
- the opening or anniversary of a major commercial enterprise
- a purpose that substantially corresponds to one of these purposes.