To hold a fireworks display, you must get a permit from WorkSafe Tasmania.

  • Unless you are a pyrotechnician, you can only apply for a Type 2 fireworks permit.
  • Your proposed display must meet an "approved purpose" and minimum safety standards (explained in each application form).
  • A person who is not happy by a decision made by the Secretary, including the issuing of a fireworks display permit, may apply to the Magistrate's Court (Administrative Appeals Division) for a review of that decision. See the Magistrate's Court website for information about this review process

Submit your application form at a Service Tasmania Shop at least 21 days before your proposed display date.