From 22 February 2017, further amendments to the Dangerous Goods (Road and Rail Transport) Regulations 2010 will take effect.
These changes reflect ongoing improvements recommended by the United Nations for the transport of classified goods. They also:
- remove redundant requirements for inner package labels due to the Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals that came into effect from January 2017
- clarify ventilation requirements for tools of trade
- implement new concessions for the transport of specific dangerous goods packed in limited quantities
- increase the minimum load limit for vehicle placarding
- remove requirements for vehicle licence labels due to new online and scanning technology
- reflect minor adjustments to the Australian Dangerous Goods Code.