Driver licence application
Submit the approved form at a Service Tasmania shop.
Application for Dangerous Goods Driver Licence (pdf, 194.3 KB)
Dangerous Goods Driver (Medical) (pdf, 621.5 KB)
To be eligible to apply for a licence, you must:
- meet specified medical criteria and training standards.
- have a good driving record for the 5 years before you apply.
WorkSafe will not grant you a licence if:
- you have been found guilty by a court in Australia of an offence that makes you unsuitable to be the driver of a vehicle transporting dangerous goods
- your drivers licence has been cancelled or suspended on a ground that makes you unsuitable to be the driver of a vehicle transporting dangerous goods
- you are subject to a court order prohibiting you from being involved in transporting dangerous goods by road.