- be a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU)
- submit the form 'Asbestos removal licence Class A or B' at a Service Tasmania shop, with the relevant fee
- provide WorkSafe Tasmania with evidence (certification) you have completed the VET course for supervising asbestos removal work
- provide evidence that you and each nominated supervisor is 18 years of age
- for class A asbestos removal work: have a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience in the removal of friable asbestos
- for class B asbestos removal work: have a minimum of 1 year relevant industry experience in the removal of non-friable asbestos
- have a certified work health and safety management system in place for a class A removal licence
- provide a current workers compensation insurance certificate (if not an exempt employer).